This page will be updated in the coming weeks as more program details become available.
Smart Shorts is a film competition for Monterey County residents to share their original short film — 1 to 5 minutes in length — shot exclusively on a smart phone or tablet. The program seeks to inspire local filmmakers of all ages to express their creativity and unique point of view on this easily-accessible digital medium. Films will be screened during a two-day event on September 13-14, 2019.
Submissions will be accepted May 1st – July 31st, 2019. An instructional workshop will be held this summer, date to be announced.
- The contest is open to all residents of Monterey County.
- One film per filmmaker/organization.
- Films must be shot on a mobile phone, tablet or GoPro video camera.
- Use of production equipment (lights, dollies, etc,) is allowed.
- Submit .mp4 or .mov files in full quality (1080HD) widescreen format.
- ·All films must be available in high quality for large screen viewing·
- Video editing software such as iMovie, Final Cut Pro or Splice on phone/tablet/ computer is permitted.
- Automatic editing apps are not permitted.
- We cannot accept film’s with third-party music, images, photos or graphics without party’s written permission for reuse.